Tuesday, December 05, 2006

in between...

So I'm here... back on American shores again... Not quite home yet and not quite adjusted, but I'm getting there.

Sailing home was the best idea I've had all year. Maybe in five years. As described to my best friend, it was in every way the perfect escape from my reality and at the same time a beautiful echo of the best of my ocean past... The gentlest transition I could have hoped for.

Now I'm moving through cities on my homecoming tour, eyes wide open, bags in fist, absorbing the pace of change and the unchanged. The nothingness that seemed so overwhelming from a distance is surprisingly less frightening up close.

Or maybe I'm just still dreaming...

:: "In the universe, there are things that are known, and things that are unknown, and in between, there are doors." – William Blake

No comments: