Tuesday, January 03, 2006

above the clouds...

I think I rang in this new year reading Blue Like Jazz somewhere over Greenland... but I couldn't be exactly sure when the year turned. I do know that I'll remember watching the first sunrise of 2006 from above the clouds, thinking -- maybe resolving -- it would be a metaphor for my life this year.

When days are dark and dismal below, I want to remember that view from above the clouds -- all golden pink and amazing morning. I hope I can remember, when the sun is not in sight, that light is just on the verge of breaking through. And when I am slogging through mud and wishing for dry land, I hope my spirit can rise above to where everything looks different... To where the truth is.

Feet on the ground, head above the clouds... Bonne année.

:: "There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing. They hang there, the stars, like notes on a page of music, free-form verse, silent mysteries swirling in the blue like jazz." – Donald Miller

No comments: