Tuesday, September 06, 2005

angels among us...

It's still Tuesday somewhere...

I don't really know what to say about life these days. Tonight I'm thinking about friendship, and how there's something so supremely powerful about it -- the bond of true friendship, tried through the best and worst of times...

In the midst of the evil, tragedy and sadness that surrounds us on a daily basis, seemingly striking ever closer, I have to believe there is still hope to be found. There are angels among us. I know this because I know some. They are the friends I have scattered across countries and time zones, who are with me and one another at a heartbeat's notice... They are the people I watch rise above the murky floodwaters of life and emerge as survivors... They are the resilient suffering who are as close as next door...

I have never been so convinced that Love is stronger than anything. Love is compassionate and redemptive. And Love is all that matters.

:: "Pain is our mother; she makes us recognize each other..." - Over the Rhine

No comments: