Monday, July 11, 2005

momentum...

It's time for a very unambiguous blog entry -- uncharacteristic, I know. But let it be your first clue that my life seems to finally be making a little more sense! Having a Swiss visa in hand helps, of course, in determining the all-important question of where I will spend the next 18 months of my life... Funny how one little piece of paper in my passport took all that time in the universe and makes all the difference in my mental state.

After weeks of not knowing what to say I can tell you concretely that I have my work visa, have a work contract, and I can stop all this wondering and get something done, for 18 months at least...

Momentum... looking at the path of my travels over the US during my 11 weeks of exile, it's roughly the shape of a circle. Actually more like a trapezoid, but at any rate, it felt a little like I was going in circles. Maybe I was just winding up speed, because now that I'm back home, things seem to be finally taking off.

mo·men·tum, n.
1. A measure of the motion of a body equal to the product of its mass and velocity. Also called linear momentum.
2. Impetus of a physical object in motion.
3. Impetus of a nonphysical process, such as an idea or a course of events.
4. Philosophy. An essential or constituent element; a moment.

I'm back at my desk, with a long list of things to be done... projects I am excited about and prepared for. Back in my new room, in this big house in this beautiful country... Back to a life I wasn't sure I'd get back again...

During my 11 week detour I feel as though I came full circle -- from being completely sure of my calling to being completely not sure, and then back again... A necessary letting go, perhaps. A necessary preparation for what lies ahead.

And it's all forward from here...

:: "The wind blew her back..." – Wilco

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My comment was accidentally posted as an email. Oops! Anyhow, glad to hear that the work visa et al. is behind you. PTL! So, I have 18 months (hopefully sooner) to get myself to Switzerland, huh?

Much love, Jane

ps. loved the quote. :)